Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Relaxing Weekend

One of the most important things about writing is being able to take some time off. Not that my mind ever stops working. I'm always composing in my head...and I do carry a notebook should I be struck with brilliance in the middle of the night (or while I'm on the crapper.) But one good thing every writer does, at least in my opinion, is take some time away to unwind and rest his mind.

So, I had my time to unwind this weekend when I went to go visit a good friend in Phoenix, AZ. I actually love Phoenix. I went in February for my birthday and seem to go back every other month or so. I honestly don't know what it is. I just enjoy it. I always have fun out there and will, on occasion, go with my best friend Mario.

So, I went this past weekend and now when I go I try to find locations where I could sell my book. Coffee shop/book stores, local haunts like that. However, my favorite watering hole there is The Teeter House.
This is a great spot. It's quaint, charming, the people there are nice. The food is excellent and the tea is brewed fresh every day (and throughout the day). Every time I go to Phoenix I have to have lunch there. I'm drawn to it.

My friend and I decided to have lunch one day at a pizza joint in downtown Phoenix. Unbeknownst to us it was closed for lunch; however, the Teeter House across the street was open. We were hungry, it was nice day outside...and so we sat down, had lunch, and fell in love with the place. I will talk to them about having my book there. And why not? They support the arts. Jazz nights on the weekends. I have saw a local poet with his book there. Oh, and they have free wi fi....so I'm definitely going to have to go and get some writing done there.

But now that I'm back, and refreshed I can begin writing. I've spent half the day yesterday working on my screenplay. it's very close to being done...and I'm excited about that. It's my first full length feature screenplay.....

No comments: